Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Travel Itinerary

Well, we finally got our travel itinerary for South Africa. It is going to be quite an experience getting there! As I mentioned earlier, we will go to Salt Lake for Public Affairs training on March 20th. We will then go to the Provo MTC for missionary training. We will go back to Salt Lake on April 1st to begin our journey. This is our itinerary from April 1st:

Leave Salt Lake City, UT on Monday, April 1st at 11:35AM
Arrive Chicago, IL at 3:30PM (3:05 hour flight)
(Wait in airport 5.5 hours)
Leave Chicago, IL at 8:35 PM
Arrive London, Eng at 10:00AM, April 2nd   (7.5 hour flight)
(Wait in airport 12 hours)
Leave London, Eng at 9:20PM
Arrive Johannesburg, South Africa at 9:05AM, April 3rd (11 hour flight)

I estimate some major jet lag...maybe even a nervous breakdown...ha. Right now, we are working on doctors prescriptions, eyeglasses, clothing, etc. There is a lot to think about and prepare for, but we are still excited. Everett says he just wants to go. We've communicated directly with the couple we will be replacing in Johannesburg and that has helped a lot. We will be in an apartment building close to the temple that houses 30 other missionary couples, so we will have lots of friends when we get there. We are allowed to have visitors, but I can't imagine who will want to go through the above flight craziness to get there. Keep us in your prayers and we'll keep you in ours. I'll post more as we get closer to the leave date.

Missionary Training Center - Provo Utah

1 comment:

  1. I am getting nervous and I am not the one going. I am so proud of my parents! They are amazing examples for me to follow!

    ReplyDelete