Sunday, September 15, 2013

Wed, Sept 4th - Sat, Sept 7th -stories for Mormon Newsroom-mall visit


The rest of this week I was working on getting me set up on the Church's secure network to allow me to log on to Mormon Newsroom when I arrived in Joburg next week for training. I had to supply some personal information and church user name. I then had to put together a few stories with photos that we could put on the newsroom for South Africa during the training.

I worked on the two wheelchair events that we did with Lotus and the Family History Fair that we did in Durban. I also spent some time picking out photos and putting them on a memory stick to take with us to training. While I was doing this, I decided to get rid of photos and other items on the computer that were not necessary to keep. It is amazing how long cleaning up your hard drive takes!




Saturday, I went to the mall to have some time to myself and find some new tops - Our washing machine keeps ruining my clothes. I tried on some things and found four items on sale to purchase. While waiting in line, I reached in my pocket and realized that I did not have the clicker that lets me in our gate. I didn't take a phone with me, so I was worried about getting in the gate when I walked home from the mall. I got out of line and went to the dressing room to see if I had dropped it in there, but it wasn't there. I checked the clothes I didn't buy to see if it stuck to them, but didn't see it. I put the items I was going to purchase on a rack and then retraced my steps. I went to another store where I tried on a couple of things and didn't see it there. I traced and retraced my steps, but couldn't find it.

Finally at my wits end, I said a little prayer (admitting that I was stupid to lose it, but would really appreciate finding it). I started back down the mall and when I came to the last store that I tried on clothes, I had the thought that I should go back in and buy the clothes I was going to buy. I had put them back together on the rack and they were still there...four items. I looked at them and decided to just get two of the items and then went back to the dressing room to check again...nothing. I went up to checkout and gave them the two items. She rang them up and then asked me, "Is this yours?" She was holding the clicker in her hand and said it fell out of one of the tops I purchased. I was so surprised that out of the four items, I picked the one with the clicker stuck to it and doubly surprised that I went into the store at all to buy these items, because after I lost the clicker, I was not in the mood to buy anything...but that voice. Of course, I said a prayer of thanks that I found it and rejoiced in the fact that Heavenly Father answers our prayers, no matter how insignificant they may seem. It definitely lets you know that He cares.

1 comment:

  1. I am just catching up on a few blog posts, but what a funny one to start with. I am so glad you found your clicker, but I am bummed that the mashing machine is messing up your clothes. I am not sure if i should send you a new washing machine or new clothes ;)

    ReplyDelete